Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Genesis of My Style-Part 1

Dateline 2006-This was a multi piece project from my early portfolio, done at George Mason University. I was to lay out and illustrate a brochure warning against the 13 Deadly Sins of Desktop Publishing. The challenge was to create an eye catching Black and White design. I thought to take the literal course of action, and depicted Pat Robertson as Moses with stone tablets. Inside were politicians of the day making “humorous” commentary.  Now, the jokes seem dated and juvenile, and, you know I never sink to that level, still, this was the raw beginning of my current oeuvre.  By the way, the second part of the project was to highlight one of the 13 sins in a poster. In part 2, you will see which sin and politician makes it to poster form!


No comments:

Post a Comment